October 2014 – Present
Freelance Technical Consultant
- Customize WordPress themes for new or existing websites.
- Fix technical issues with plugins.
- Suggest and implement marketing tools.
- Create eBook PDFs for online products.
- Connect payment systems and test purchase flow.
- Design logos, headers, and eBook covers.
- Curate typography, color schemes, and other brand ideas.
LONG TERM CLIENT PROJECTS
June 2016 – June 2017
- Representing 9for9 Media on a team of three other photographers.
- Handle assigned orders from start to finish: shoot, sort, edit, and send order to client.
- Make athletes look badass on camera.
- Travel history includes: IPF Raw Worlds in Killeen, TX, USAPL Nationals in Atlanta, GA, and IPF Equipped Worlds in Orlando, FL.
April 2015 – July 2016
- Managed all inquiry emails.
- Answered questions on TSG’s approach to training, nutrition, pricing.
- Updated the company inquiry packet.
- Researched and documented lead data.
- Trained as an athlete under coach Jason Tremblay.
- Updated and migrated website to new hosting.
March 2014 – September 2015
- Responsible for all tasks including but not limited to WordPress management, technical audits, and website updates.
- Screening, hiring, and management of outside contractors for freelance technical work.
- Upkeep of systems and servers for 10 sites.
- Edit guest article submissions.
- Update SEO, affiliate information on 200+ RFS articles.
- Keeping Roman from breaking the Internet.
IT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
June 2014 – October 2014
Technical Account Manager
- Post-sale main point of contact between customers and Peak Hosting.
- Facilitate the implementation of new server builds, turn-downs and existing customer upgrades.
- Coordinate and schedule inter-department Peak resources for builds and upgrades.
- Interface with customers to address concerns that do not fall under the normal scope of support.
- Communicate status of ongoing customer projects both internally and externally.
- Provide project management for complex environment builds.
- Assign priorities and timeframes for deliverables.
- Verify, validate and track hardware and software pricing, procurement, delivery and installation.
- Document and log project progress in Jira tickets.
June 2013 – May 2014
IT Procurement Analyst
- Ordered all network, printer, and PC equipment for new store openings.
- Tracked purchase history and maintained inventory levels locally and with remote warehouse.
- Organized standard product orders into catalog for simple overview.
- Regulated documentation for vendors to configure switches, firewalls, and DVR security.
- Facilitated communications between technology teams and the business.
- Ensured that business needs are well documented and validating that limitations or risks are understood.
- Investigated and recommended technical solutions that will meet the business requirements.
- Assisted project managers in defining and executing strategy. This included a massive XP refresh project and printer standardization.
Level 1 Certified
Security + Certified
CEO / Roman Fitness Systems
There are some people who help your company by making things go more smoothly and solving problems quickly and efficiently. There are others who help by pointing out gaping flaws in your tech or security, and closing them before the compromise all that you’ve built.
Katie is one of the rare few who can do both.
During her time at Roman Fitness Systems, Katie has done everything from fixing the occasional tech glitch to upgrading our servers, to consolidating our various digital properties into a more manageable menagerie, rather than the existing jungle of woe that was there before she fixed it.
Not only has each of these saved time and money, they have also helped prevent what could have been grievous losses to our bottom line.
Having someone like Katie on the team is a huge asset, to the extent that she has made herself inexplicably indispensable and obsolete: she solved so many problems and fixed so many existing issues that I don’t have enough work to keep her busy. If I did, I would make sure RFS kept her all to itself.
Katie Felten has long been our Ace in the hole, and would be a valuable addition to any company as either a project manager or tech executive. I give her my highest endorsement.
Founder at Bach Performance
Katie has done an exceptional job designing and optimizing our funnels from the ground up. Through our time working together, Katie has found and fixed problems–always coming to the table with solutions and implementation strategies to optimize Bach Performance.
Since working with Katie, she’s helped us do everything from full website re-design and migration, worked through technical issues, and greatly improved the security and quality of user experience on Bach Performance.
Katie has been a huge asset to the team. She’s helped us save money, optimize our site, and saved me from a plethora of headaches down the road. She has an incredible skill set and work ethic and would be an excellent addition to any company. I highly recommend Katie
President and Co-Founder of The Strength Guys Inc.
Katie Rose has been operating in Gatekeeper and Creatives roles within our organization. From the beginning her willingness to go the extra mile has impressed. Katie is a rare talent who combines an evidence-based and analytical approach with compassion, empathy, and a fun-to-be-around personality to whichever project is set in her path. Her willingness to compile data for us to analyze, work on our various creative projects, her timeliness, and the way in which she interacts with our clients is a source of pride for both our organization and myself.
Any individual or organization who works with Katie will be better off because of her diverse array of talents with both people and technology, her positive and motivated outlook on business and life, and her outstanding work ethic.